The challenges of moving and reorganizing can seem overwhelming. Closet City’s space management specialists can help you prepare as you move. Making a move is never easy… with our help, we can make planning, packing, and moving in feel like a success, not a burden.
Tips for making your move easier:
- Donate items you no longer use – reduce before you move. Arrange for a charity organization to come
pick up the items you don’t want at least a week or two before moving.
- Place necessary daily items together and pack them in a box marked “priority”. Better yet, place these items that you will need right away in a CLEAR plastic bin so it's easy to find among the cardboard boxes.
- Mark the boxes with a list or tape pictures of the contents to the box, for easy unpacking. Be sure to label the SIDES of the boxes - not the tops - so you can easily identify them if boxes get stacked.
- In addition to labeling what is in your boxes, add what room they belong in as well.
- Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing to save on bubble wrap and double up on your packing.
- Use dresser drawers as their own moving boxes — you won't need to unpack and re-fold their contents, and this also makes moving the actual dresser more manageable.
- Use your large decorative baskets, shopping totes, and travel luggage as "boxes" to pack and carry things as well. Suitcases with wheels are ideal for lugging heavy books.
- Utilize helpful furniture grid sheets for furniture placement in your new home BEFORE the move. This will show you what existing pieces you can bring (helpful particularly if you are downsizing!), and what needs to be given away or sold. This also works as a helpful reference for move-in day, when the movers need to know what goes where!
- When you arrive at your new home, unpack BY ROOM. The unpacking process will feel much more manageable, and when one room is done you will feel a sense of accomplishment.
If you are within an hour's drive from Montgomeryville PA, we invite you to
make the most of your new home's storage spaces by contacting us today! Simply fill out this short, easy form online.
Related Links: What's Your Challenge?