The challenges of moving and reorganizing can seem overwhelming. Closet City’s space management specialists can help you prepare as you move, as well as after you're all settled in. Moving is never easy… with our help, we can make planning, packing, and moving in feel like a success, not a burden!
Tips for making your move easier:
- Donate items you no longer use – reduce before you move. Arrange for a charity organization to come pick up the items you don’t want at least a week or two before moving.
- Place necessary daily items together and pack them in a box marked “priority”. Better yet, place these items that you will need right away in a CLEAR plastic bin so it’s easy to find among the cardboard boxes.
- Mark the boxes with a list or tape pictures of the contents to the box, for easy unpacking. Be sure to add what room they belong in and also label at least two SIDES of the boxes – not just the tops – so you can easily identify them when boxes get stacked up.
- Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in with your pot holders, dish towels, etc., to save on bubble wrap and double up on your packing. Then both the dishes and the linens you need for dish care are all together.
- Use dresser drawers as their own moving boxes — you won’t need to unpack and re-fold their contents, and this also makes moving the actual dresser more manageable. (Pull out the drawers, carry them out, carry out the empty dresser, put it all back together inside the moving van. Repeat the procedure when you reach your new home.)
More tips that may help you:
- Use your large decorative baskets, shopping totes, and travel luggage as “boxes” to pack and carry things as well. Suitcases with wheels are ideal for lugging heavy books.
- Utilize helpful furniture grid sheets for furniture placement in your new home BEFORE the move. This will show you what existing pieces you can bring (particularly helpful if you are downsizing!), and what needs to be given away or sold. This also works as a helpful reference for move-in day, when the movers need to know what goes where!
- When you arrive at your new home, unpack BY ROOM. The unpacking process will feel much more manageable, and when one room is done you will feel a sense of accomplishment.
Let Closet City help you by organizing and planning the various storage spaces and clothes closets of your new home. You’ll be very happy with the results. Take a look at the tips and solutions provided throughout our website and contact us if you have any questions. Are you ready to get started now? Call (215) 855-4400 or fill out our simple, online form!
If you have any questions at all concerning the structure of your new home's closets, please feel free to contact us. We are more than happy to help!